Hi! I'm Alana McCarthy
I’m an illustrator, letterer and designer from Toronto who's eye-catching imagery will capture your brand's unique visual story.
I’m an honours graduate from OCAD illustration and am the perfect combination of artist and designer. I spent eight years in-house as a Senior Designer in Nelvana Animation’s Creative Services. So I also know my way around marketing and licensing for the toy and children's entertainment industry.
I have had the pleasure of working with clients such as Disney/Pixar, The Wall Street Journal, Loblaws, Milk, Cadbury, Coca Cola, Scholastic, Penguin Books, and Absolut Vodka. My work has been recognized by Communication Arts, American Illustration and HOW Magazine. Fun fact: I was once a serving wench at Medieval Times! More ale m’lord?
"Alana is a dream to work with -- she's communicative, prompt, follows direction,
and professional on top of being brilliantly creative. It's been a real pleasure to work with her."
- Arlene Miller, Art Director at Pearson Education
"Working with Alana was great. With little direction she came up with a beautiful hand
lettered/illustrated logo for us, incorporating the cutest worms ever! Client was super happy."
- Lindsey Jacobs, Graphic Designer
"Alana is a best-in-class professional in creative design. With keen attention to detail and impeccable sense of layout and aesthetics, Alana takes the stress out of deadlines and always delivers on time. Her skills in illustrations, calligraphy and typography are what make her a stand-out designer and visual artist. She is a delight to work with, and remarkably creative and talented."
- Cara Bleskie, Development Manager, Nelvana
- Absolut Vodka
- Cadbury Chocolate
- Chickadee Magazine - Owlkids
- Corus Entertainment
- Dairy Farmers of Canada - Milk
- Hudson's Bay Company
- Leo Burnett
- Nelson Thomson Learning
- Oxford Press
- Paw Patrol
- Penguin Books
- President's Choice
- Rogers Media
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Steamwhistle Brewery
- Thomson Financial Media
- TBWA / Chiat / Day
- Wall Street Journal
- Corus President's Award - Babar & Badou Style Guide 2011
- Gemini Award - Best Cross-Platform project for Children and Youth - Babar and Badou Interactive Website 2011
- Communication Arts Illustration Annual #48 2007
- American Illustration #26 - Chosen 2007
- OCAD Illustration - AOCAD with Honours 2002
- HOW Magazine Design Award 2004
- Applied Arts Award 2002
Let's work together! Request a quote using the form below.
Please note your budget, timing and details of the project
Phone 416-979-1936 | Email art@AlanaMcCarthy.com