Hi! I'm Alana McCarthy
I’m an illustrator, letterer and designer from Toronto who's eye-catching imagery will capture your brand's unique visual story.
I’m an honours graduate from OCAD illustration and am the perfect combination of artist and designer. I spent eight years in-house as a Senior Designer in Nelvana Animation’s Creative Services. So I also know my way around marketing and licensing for the toy and children's entertainment industry.
I have had the pleasure of working with clients such as Disney/Pixar, The Wall Street Journal, Loblaws, Milk, Cadbury, Coca Cola, Scholastic, Penguin Books, and Absolut Vodka. My work has been recognized by Communication Arts, American Illustration and HOW Magazine. Fun fact: I was once a serving wench at Medieval Times! More ale m’lord?
"Alana is a dream to work with -- she's communicative, prompt, follows direction,
and professional on top of being brilliantly creative. It's been a real pleasure to work with her."
- Arlene Miller, Art Director at Pearson Education
"Working with Alana was great. With little direction she came up with a beautiful hand
lettered/illustrated logo for us, incorporating the cutest worms ever! Client was super happy."
- Lindsey Jacobs, Graphic Designer
- Absolut Vodka
- Cadbury Chocolate
- Chickadee Magazine - Owlkids
- Corus Entertainment
- Dairy Farmers of Canada - Milk
- Hudson's Bay Company
- Leo Burnett
- Nelson Thomson Learning
- Oxford Press
- Paw Patrol
- Penguin Books
- President's Choice
- Rogers Media
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Steamwhistle Brewery
- Thomson Financial Media
- TBWA / Chiat / Day
- Wall Street Journal
- Corus President's Award - Babar & Badou Style Guide 2011
- Gemini Award - Best Cross-Platform project for Children and Youth - Babar and Badou Interactive Website 2011
- Communication Arts Illustration Annual #48 2007
- American Illustration #26 - Chosen 2007
- OCAD Illustration - AOCAD with Honours 2002
- HOW Magazine Design Award 2004
- Applied Arts Award 2002
I'd love to work with you! Request a quote using the form below.
Please note your budget, timing and details of the project
Phone 416-979-1936 | Email art@AlanaMcCarthy.com