Hi! I'm Alana McCarthy
I’m an illustrator, hand-letterer and designer from Toronto who tells visual stories through well drawn, bright, eye-catching, elegant illustrations. I specialize in design for toys, businesses, events and personal projects.
I’m an honours graduate from OCAD illustration and am the perfect combination of artist and designer. I also spent eight years in-house as a Senior Designer in Nelvana animation’s Creative Services. So I know my way around marketing and licensing for the toy and entertainment industry.
I have had the pleasure of working with clients such as Disney, The Wall Street Journal, Loblaws, Milk, Cadbury, Coca Cola, Scholastic, Penguin Books, and Absolut Vodka. My work has been recognized by Communication Arts, American Illustration and HOW Magazine.
I love drawing and am happiest being creative. I’m an expert in Photoshop and have a strong sense of design which shows through all my pieces, no matter the medium. A people pleaser, I pride myself on being easy to work with. I take direction well and always deliver on time. My attention to detail and versatile style will make your creative projects stand out.
Fun fact: I was once a serving wench at Medieval Times! More ale m’lord?
- Absolut Vodka
- Cadbury Chocolate
- Chickadee Magazine - Owlkids
- Corus Entertainment
- Dairy Farmers of Canada - Milk
- Hudson's Bay Company
- Leo Burnett
- Nelson Thomson Learning
- Oxford Press
- Paw Patrol
- Penguin Books
- President's Choice
- Rogers Media
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- Steamwhistle Brewery
- Thomson Financial Media
- TBWA / Chiat / Day
- Wall Street Journal
Work with Me
Have an upcoming project? I'd love to collaborate with you!
Get in touch with me using my contact form to discuss rates, scheduling and more.
- Corus President's Award - Babar & Badou Style Guide 2011
- Gemini Award - Best Cross-Platform project for Children and Youth - Babar and Badou Interactive Website 2011
- Communication Arts Illustration Annual #48 2007
- American Illustration #26 - Chosen 2007
- OCAD Illustration - AOCAD with Honours 2002
- HOW Magazine Design Award 2004
- Applied Arts Award 2002